Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there any risk in computer profession with mayopia?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there any risk in computer profession with mayopia?

i'm 24 years old. both of my eyes need -3.50 eyeglasses.
    Now i working as a software engineer.So i continuously sitting 9hrs in front of the computer.Is there is any risk of further increase in myopia?i worried about it.

Yes,it will definitely harm your eyes if you use computers for a long time every day.You may consider taking a rest per hour by leaving your seat and find a distant target to look at for about 10 seconds.You can also do some eye movement exercises. For example,,move your eyes left to right or up to bottom. Hope this helps.

Comment

Defiantly yes. To work long hours at the computers will cause dry eyes, which will increase the discomfort of your eyes. Using eyes without rest for a long time will
      cause further decrease.

Comment

There is some evidence that relaxing your focus every once in a while may help slow the progression of myopia in people younger than 25. Working 9 hours in front of computer constantly will get your myopia degree increased. You could also get a pair of weaker glasses for computer so that you are not straining as much for those distances.

Comment

Working...
        X