Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why my PD is not included in my prescirption script?Can I measure it myself?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why my PD is not included in my prescirption script?Can I measure it myself?

Why my PD is not included in my prescirption script?Can I measure it myself?

Your PD is not included possibly because it isn't part of the prescription usually. Sometimes the optometrist will write it on there , but the law doesn't require it .If you want to measure your PD by yourself ,you can do it with a mirror .First, put a ruler on the bridge of the nose using one hand when you are looking the mirror. make sure to keep your head and eyes still during the process . Second,with your right eye closed ,keep the rule "0" measurement exactly in line with the center of your left eyes pupil . Then open your right eye,and read the number that lines up with the centre of the pupil of the right eye. The number shows your PD.In case of error , you'd better repeat it for several times and get an average value .

Comment

You'd better ask your eye doctor who give you eye exam. If you don't want to visit him/her, you can also measure your PD under the help of your friends or families. Here are some tips maybe help for you to measure PD. Step 1:Stand with a friend facing you and place a millimeter ruler on the bridge of your nose. Keep the rule "0" measurement is exactly in line with the center of your left pupil. Hold the ruler straight. Step 2:Let your friend read the measurement between the left pupil and the right pupil while you look straight ahead. Step 3:For measuring a PD with high accuracy, please do it 3 times and take an average number of them as the final PD measurement. For those requiring bifocal or progressive lenses, You'd better get this information directly from your optician.

Comment

Working...
      X