Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does NHS pay for the cost of contact lenses?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does NHS pay for the cost of contact lenses?

I am 15 year old and deciding to get some contact lenses. I am still a full time student and I wonder if NHS pay for the cost of them or not.

If you are under 19 and in full time education, you can get free eye exam through NHS. If your eyewear needs to be replaced through fair wear and tear, you are entitled to one NHS voucher towards your glasses OR contact lenses.

Comment

If the contact lenses are for regular needs, you are usually issued with a voucher which is worth so much towards the cost of contact lenses. If the cost is more than the voucher, you need pay by yourself.

Comment

Since you are under 19 years old and a full time student, you are qualified to get free eye test through the NHS. Then you are usually issued with a voucher towards the cost of glasses or contact lenses. The voucher may cover some or all cost of your contact lenses depending on your prescription. So just consult your eye doctor.

Comment

Yes. You are qualified for NHS, so NHS will pay for the cost of your contact lenses. But I am not sure how much would it pay for your lenses. You should consult your eye doctor and he will give you detailed information.

Comment

Working...
          X