Can astigmatism cause lazy eye?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can astigmatism cause lazy eye?

I just want to know if astigmatism leads to lazy eyes? If so, how can I prevent it?

It is possible to have lazy eyes from serious astigmatism. The so called lazy eye refers diminished vision in one or both eyes, with no any other obvious defects. If one eye has serious vision problem, for example myopia, hyperopia or astigmatism, while the other eye does not, the brain would suppress one eye and the good eye would take all responsibility of vision. Although the people with lazy eye could see as well as other people, but this condition is very noticeable. The two eyes are not pointing at the same direction. I think it is kind of serious, because it is not good looking. If your lazy eye is indeed caused by serious astigmatism, you should go to optometrist to have suitable glasses which can help correct. You can also do some exercises to help increase alignment of the two eyes. Maybe the optometrist or oculist can provide you with some more professional suggestions.

Comment

Lazy eye is so noticeable and affects one's outlook very much. Medically, lazy eye called amblyopia. This eye disorder can affect the visual system that is characterized by a vision deficiency in an eye. Lazy eye are commonly due to inadequate sleep, stress and look something in one direction. Astigmatism is an optical defect in which vision is blurred. And it can cause lazy eye indeed. You can easily find whether you are lazy eye or not. That is, when you occur astigmatism or has many focus in one eye than the other, you should consider you have astigmatism as well as lazy eye. Whatever eye disorder you have gotten, you must go to see a doctor to determine the real reason and decide the treatment options in that both of this two problems have a high rate of getting blurry vision.

Comment

Working...
      X