Can dry eyes cause bad vision?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can dry eyes cause bad vision?

I often get dry eyes in recent days. And also, i feel my vision become poorer. Can dry eyes lead to bad vision?

Eye dryness is very common for most people in the world. There are a lot of possible causes of eye dryness, strong sunshine, wind, prolonged working time, dry air, clogged glands in eyelids and so on. With dry eye, eyes are red, watery, itchy and the vision is blurred. People with dry eyes are more likely to have eye infections recurrently. But if you could moisten your eyes, the blurry vision could be reduced effectively. There are many easy actions you can take to reduce the dryness. Drink more water to ensure the water consumption of body, which is the easiest way to lubricate eyes and skins. If you are, like me, sitting in the office with airconditioning on all day, a humidifier is required. It can moist the air in the office and so reduce tear evaporation.

Comment

Dry eyes is a condition that lack of sufficient lubrication and moisture on the surface of the eye. And there are many things that can cause dry eyes such as ocular inflammation, after lasik eye surgery or just eye strain or tired eyes. If you feel dry eyes, use some eye drops that can help keep your eyes moist. But i never seen any proves that dry eyes can cause bad vision. But people with dry eyes may also suffer itch eyes even sore eyes. So, you shall treat it and consult a doctor.

Comment

Yes, the dry eyes will lead to your bad vision. The dryness of the eyes will influence the corneal surface. You could find that your eyes vision will be blurry. You'd better use some eyes drops to moisture the eyes to avoid the dryness of the eyes. You could also use the warm compress to make the eyes feel comfortable.

Comment

According to your description, I know that you are upset about your decreased vision due to your dry eyes. Actually, it is true that dry eyes would generate a lot of side effects on your eye health, such as blurred vision, myopia, allergic reactions, even some infections. So you really have to take good care of your problem by visiting a doctor and follow his advice. Also, try to take in some vitamins.

Comment

Working...
          X