Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will smoking increase the risk and accelerate the development of cataracts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will smoking increase the risk and accelerate the development of cataracts?

Will smoking increase the risk and accelerate the development of cataracts, macular degeneration and optic nerve damages?

I am a heavy smoker. Some people often tell me that smoking can increase the risk and accelerate the development of cataracts, macular degeneration and optic nerve damages?

Smoking can damage every part of your body. It is true that smoking can increase the risk and accelerate the development of cataracts, macular degeneration and optic nerve damages. I suggest you to give up smoking as soon as possible if you already suffer from some kind of eye problems. Hope you can keep a healthy body!

Comment

Yes, smoking can do that. Scientists have proved that smoking may increase the risk of age related cataract which is the leading cause of blindness and vision loss in the world. so I also suggest you to give up smoking immediately.

Comment

In the Western world, age-related macular degeneration is the leading cause of severe and irreversible vision loss. And there is no effective treatment for all types of AMD. So it is important to identify modifiable risk factors and prevent it from happening. There is reliable recourses that can prove that smoking has some relationship with AMD. Since moking is one of the risk factors for macular degeneration, why not give up smoking ASAP?

Comment

Working...
        X