Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to treat red and swollen eyes caused by a hit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to treat red and swollen eyes caused by a hit?

My boyfriend had a cardboard box fall off of a shelf and the corner hit him in the eyeball two months ago. His eyes were really bloodshot and swollen and painful at that time. A week later, the symptoms went away. But since then randomly they have happened twice again. The swelling and redness just appears for no reason. It just flared back up again last night. There is also a light sensitivity.

Did he see the doctor of optometry? I think he'd better have his eyes checked by the doctor rightly after the box hit his eyes. Maybe the thin skins that cover the white part of his eyes are damaged. Since the symptoms happens again and again, he may need to apply for some medical treatment immediately.

Comment

I guess your boyfriend may have suffered an abrasion on his conjunctiva. Sometimes these require treatment to heal fully and can become inflamed if not treated properly. Or, more seriously, he may have suffered an abrasion on his cornea which is the clear dome at the front of the eyes. So I suggest him to visit an eye doctor immediately. As to the sensitivity to light, it might be caused by this kind of inflammation.

Comment

Working...
      X