Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why I should buy a pair of eyeglasses just for driving in the dark?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why I should buy a pair of eyeglasses just for driving in the dark?

i recently had my eyes checked, i am 30 years, and have never had glasses before. this time the optician recommended that i should buy a cheap pair of frames and have glasses just to drive in the dark, can any one tell me why? the dark? i thought normally glasses were for being long or short sighted.

Night driving is difficult for many people. Driving in the dark is much different from driving during the daylight hours. The human eye's field of vision is much smaller without the help of natural light. Driving at night is far more dangerous than driving in daylight according to the statistics. Though only 10% of road miles are driven in the dark, 48% of road fatalities occur at night. That's primarily because at night our pupils dilate, and we become short-sighted, though glare, halos, and reduced peripheral vision all contribute to ocular tiredness.Special eyewear for driving provide complete UV-A and UV-B protection, and offer an anti-reflective treatment, which reduces glare and offers more accurate sight from dusk to dawn.

Comment

Working...
    X