Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are blue lenses in sunglasses bad for your eyes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are blue lenses in sunglasses bad for your eyes?

When i was choosing sunglasses in the store, someone told me that blue lenses sunglasses may hurt your eyes. is this true?

Anybody who answers yes they are bad for you are not considering this fact. Without wearing sunglasses period you are exposing your eyes to all the colors from white light not just blue. Blue, pink, red, purple. All these visible colors from the E.S. are damaging your eyes. So the question should be: Do blue lenses look cool on me? The answer, yes. Do you want healthy eyes? Get a pair of polarized sunglasses that protect all sides of your eyes from harmful radiation.

Comment

Yes. Blue tinted sunglasses are bad for eyes because this kind of sunglasses won't filter the blue light which will cause damage to eyes. It is said that blue light is related to AMD, so we should choose sunglasses that can filter blue light to protect eyes from being damaged. Blue tinted sunglasses will let blue light pass through the lenses and then reach the eyes, so you'd better not choose blue lenses in sunglasses.

Comment

Yes. Usually, brown and grey colored lenses are recommended. And you shall avoid to wear blue lenses in sunglasses because they are harmful. That because blue lenses can cause some harmful blue light into eyes that will cause eye damages. However, grey and brown light can filter blue light thus to protect the eyes. Besides, not all sunglasses can prevent UV rays, you must choose sunglasses with UV protection if you want to get eye protection.

Comment

Working...
        X