Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can reading glasses help when watching tv?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can reading glasses help when watching tv?

My eyes sometimes start to hurt when watching tv, would my reading glasses help?

No. Reading glasses cannot help when watching TV because reading glasses are used for close up work, like reading or sewing. While you sit too far when you watch TV. If you find things blurry while watching TV, then glasses for distance is needed because you may suffer myopia. In this case, you'd better go to see an eye doctor and have an eye exam. Then the doctor will prescribe a pair of glasses that fit you properly.

Comment

Reading glasses are used for magnifying at a close range, glasses that are perfect for reading will be too strong for watching TV, the television would require distance vision. Readers are not for distance, so usually wearing reading glasses to watch TV won't help. If you are having trouble seeing the TV ,chances are you need to go to an optometrist or ophthalmologist to get a prescription fit for your eyes.

Comment

When watching TV, you had better not to wear the reading glasses. Usually, the reading glasses are used for people who have presbyopia. And it is a normal condition because of aging, the elder people (above 40) can hardly focus on the near objects. As a result, there should have at least 30 feet distance between the sofa and the TV, the people could cope with it without the reading glasses. On the other hand, it is better to have a short rest after wearing the reading glasses.

Comment

Personally, I don't think so. As we know, reading glasses is often used when you're having a problem watching things very nearly. However, we are keeping a relatively long distance with the television while watching. Therefore, it is not really scientific to say that reading glasses are helpful when WE ARE watching TV. What you really need is a pair of glasses that really suits you. What's more, you should also try to give your eyes more rest.

Comment

Working...
          X