Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I just buy over the counter reading glasses without my prescription?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I just buy over the counter reading glasses without my prescription?

I just got a prescription for glasses- Dr said that I should use them anytime I am reading, on the computer, watching tv etc. My rx is +1.25 in both eyes and astigmatism in my right eye only -50. Would I be able to buy over the counter reading glasses and get the same results?

No. You can't buy over the counter reading glasses without prescritpion because the OTC reading glasses have the same prescription in both lenses and they can't treat astigmatism. Since you have astigmatism in your right eye, the OTC reading glasses won't work well for you. You'd better go to an optician to get prescription reading glasses which would fit you properly.

Comment

Of course you can. Since you have the same prescription in both eyes and your astigmatism is not strong, you can buy over the counter reading glasses without prescription. Though OTC reading glasses won't treat astigmatism, a slight astigmatism won't affect your vision. Just go to any drug store to find the right prescription reading glasses and try them on. If you feel comfortable with them on, then you can buy them.

Comment

Working...
      X