Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it okay to wear reading glasses all day?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it okay to wear reading glasses all day?

My vision is blurred, and I am in need of glasses. My family is low on money at the moment and all we can afford is cheap reading glasses from the drugstore. Is it safe/okay to wear them all day as you would prescription glasses? Thank you!

If you need to wear them for near-distance work all day, then it's ok. However, if you need to see far most of the time wearing reading glasses will make your vision blurry cuz the reading prescription is just designed for reading or computer use. Given your situation, i suggest you get your reading glasses online cuz for glasses with same quality, accuracy and fitness, the price online is 50%~90% lower than that in the drug store or in the brick-and-mortar stores. Maybe you can check out http://www.discountglassesdirect.com/Reading-Glasses where the reading glasses are priced as low as $8. Hope these will be helpful for you.

Comment

You can ask your optometrist or eye doctor and they will give you some advice. Usually most reading glasses prescriptions are used just for reading and you don't have to wear the glasses all the time. I have reading glasses myself but I wear them only for playing computer or reading.

Comment

Reading glasses are also made with non-prescription lenses.Even though you have perfect vision,you can wear reading glasses just for fashion.The people wearing reading glasses may be because they want to see more clearly while reading,or may be because they just like them.

Comment

Working...
        X