Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it possible to order high index lens with semi rimless glasses?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it possible to order high index lens with semi rimless glasses?

Is it possible to order high index lens with semi rimless glasses? my prescription as follow: SPH +3.00 +2.75 CYL -0.75 -1.00 AXIS 098 102 ADD +2.50, my eye doctor told me to order high index, and i want a semi rimless frame, is that possible?

The key to the availability of rimless or semi-rimless frames is the weight and thickness of your lenses. The lack of a surrounding-mount frame results in a reduction in stability and durability, and because of the added exposure, rimless or semi-rimless lenses are more prone to damage than those mounted in full-frame styles. If your vision correction prescription is fairly or very strong, your lenses may be too thick and heavy to fit a rimless or semi-rimless frame style. Stronger prescriptions can also require a deep curvature, resulting in thick edges that are not aesthetically pleasing or simply do not fit a rimless or semi-rimless bridge. So according to your prescription, it is available for the semi-rimless glasses.

Comment

It depends on the prescription. It is usually not an issue in minus (-) myopic prescriptions as the edge is thicker then the middle. In plus (+) prescriptions the edge is thinner then the center and it may need a thicker lens to have enough substance at the edge to make the grove for mounting the lens in the frame. You need the advise of the optician and a careful choice of frames. A rimless or semi-rimless frame will always offer less protection to the lenses whatever the prescription.

Comment

Working...
      X