Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do I need computer glasses if I have progressive glasses for working?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do I need computer glasses if I have progressive glasses for working?

Do I need computer glasses if I have progressive glasses for working on the computer or reading?

Do I need both kind of glasses for reading and computer work? How are these lenses different and why? Should I spend the money for both kinds of lenses? Are computer glasses good for reading and for computer use? Thx

If your progressive glasses have the multi-focal for reading and computer distance ,you don't need separate computer glasses .Many people ask why they need specific glasses for computer work. Well, to answer that, we have to get into the differences between computer glasses and ordinary reading glasses. See, the regular glasses you wear don’t really provide the accurate vision correction for the distances typical in computer work. In order to see clearly, many resort to the methods of leaning toward the screen or looking down through the bottom part of their lenses. Such mis-position in working usually lead to eyestrain, dry eyes, headaches and blurred visions. With computer glasses, because the powers are particularly adjusted for the computer vision distances, there is no need to adjust the sitting position in order to see.

Comment

As we know, progressive glasses are made of progressive lenses that can help people to see far, middle area and near place. So, technically, Wearing progressive glasses can help you see computer glasses clear. However, since progressive glasses have many focus on the lenses, you can only see clear to the computer screen through the middle part of progressive lenses. So, it is not a comfortable to see computer. So, If you often spend a long time in front of computer, you'd better buy a pair of special computer glasses for a comfortable vision.

Comment

Working...
      X