Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are Ortho-K lenses suitable for everyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are Ortho-K lenses suitable for everyone?

When I go to get my contacts, my doctor suggest me to get Ortho-K lenses. I know Ortho-K lenses are very good, but I am dout whether they are suitable for everyone. Do you know?

NO, the Ortho-K lenses are not suitable for everyone. The fitting rule is the same as lasik surgery except for corneal thickness. You have to be checked to see if you are a good candidate for it. You must have a healthy eye that is free of any corneal scarring and pathology.

Comment

No, they are not suitable for everyone. To wear Ortho-K lenses, you must be older than 8 years old and don't have any eye disease such as dry eyes. Your prescription must be weaker than -5.00.

Comment

Not everyone can be a candidate for orthokeratology. People who have something wrong with the cornea, like corneal scarring and other problems are not suitable for orthokeratology. So a candidate for orthokeratology should have healthy cornea.

Comment

Those people who have poor hygiene, severe dry eye, inflammations, infections and other problems are not a good candiate for Ortho-K lenses because they have no ability to handle the lens.So they are not suitable for Ortho-k.

Comment

Some people are not suitable for OrthoK. For example, people who have very high levels of myopia or those who are farsighted may not be qualified for Ortho-K lens. So I don't think everyone can be suitable for OrthoK treatment.

Comment

Working...
            X