Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can prescription glasses be tinted to prescription sunglasses?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can prescription glasses be tinted to prescription sunglasses?

Can i take my regular rx glasses to my local store and ask them to tint my glasses to a rx one? If yes, how much?

Of course you can.If you only want it tinted for fashion,you just need to add the color to it.It would cost less than $10 and can be much cheaper in some online stores. But if you want it to have UV protection,you need to ask the optical store to put an anti-reflective coating on it.

Comment

Yes, you can do it.Your regular RX lenses can be tinted to any color you want and make you a pair of prescription sunglasses. Just take you glasses to the local optical store and make your lenses tinted. But that would cost you much if at local optical stores, maybe $20-70. But it is much cheaper online,my tinted glasses cost me only $4.95 from http://www.eyewearcanada.com/, one of the optical online store, pretty good!

Comment

It is possible for you to have your regular prescription glasses tinted. You can also add some other coatings just as same as sunglasses have,such as, anti-reflective, anti-scratched and those can block UV rays. However, it will be some difficult and will cost you extra money.I recommend that you go to buy a new one.

Comment

Surely you can.I have my glasses tinted only for $5.They look so fashionable now.

Comment

Just go to your doctor and tell him what you want, then he will understand and do it for you.

Comment

Working...
            X