Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can I repair the broken arm in glasses?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can I repair the broken arm in glasses?

I don't want to pay for a new frame.

In most cases, the broken arm may be caused by the missing of screws. A replacement screw will fix the problem. You may go to the local optical store and ask the workers to fix the right screw for your frames. If the screw on your frames become loose, you can use a screw driver to tighten it. If the arms of your frame is broken off, you may repair broken frames at the temples by using hot glue (for plastic frames) - boiling water and pins. Alternatively, replace the temple piece with a piece from another set of glasses. Unscrew the hinges and screw the new temple piece into position.

Comment

In some cases, the arms of the glasses frames can simply break away. This is totally common, but it's not advised to simply go out and purchase brand new frames. Instead, you can easily begin preparing the broken glasses frames by scraping away any paint or old glue around the area that you will reattach. Once you've prepared the site of the break, dab a moderate amount of Krazy Glue to the end of the arm and reattach it to the frames. Krazy Glue tends to dry insanely quick, so be extra careful when applying the glue and trying to fix broken glasses frames. Just make sure to allow the broken glasses frames to dry for approximately a half a minute to a full minute.

Comment

If the metal part of your glasses frame break apart, you can take them to a repairman and he will solder or weld them together.

Comment

Working...
        X