Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to remove lens from semi rimless glasses?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to remove lens from semi rimless glasses?

My semi-rimless glasses are dirty. I want to remove the lens to clean them. But how can I remove the lens from the frame without damaging them?

First, place a towel over an even table to avoid your glasses getting scratched. Second, open your glasses frame and place it on the table. Third, hold your glasses firmly with left hand, and use your right hand to insert a thumbtack between the frame and the lens where the nylon wire and frame meet right beneath the nose pad. Finally, wiggle the thumbtack until the lens pop out.

Comment

You must go to the kits store to get a thumbtack first. Then just insert the thumbtack between the lens and frame to pop out the lens. If you can't do it by yourself, you can take your glasses to any optical store and the worker will help you remove the lens from your semi-rimless glasses.

Comment

Firstly, you should catch the end of the lens with a hook, and try to make the gap between lens and frame wider, in order that paper can be inserted, and then separate the lens from the frame with the silk paper. It requires the expertise of an eye care. I would like to inform you not attempt to remove eyeglass lens yourself because you may permanently damage the surface of your lens.

Comment

Working...
        X