No announcement yet.

How to clean hairspray off eyeglasses?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to clean hairspray off eyeglasses?

When I was spraying my hair in the bathroom, I left my glasses beside unaccidentally. Now they have developed spots I can't get rid of. Any cleaning suggestion?

Try applying alcohol to clean hairspray off your eyeglasses. Use a cotton ball to dip into the alcohol and then rub the hairspray in a circular motion. After that wash your glasses with soapy water. I believe the hairspray on your glasses will be removed right away. Finally you need to rinse your glasses under water and dry them off with a clean cloth. I often clean the hairspray on my eyeglasses in this way and it does work.

Comment

Try to use rubbing alcohol to a cotton ball. Rub it over the hairspray on the lenses. This will help to clean the hairspray off the eyeglasses lenses. Then you can use a fresh cotton ball to remove the alcohol. Then, wash and rinse the lenses in a warm water to ensure the hairspray is complete remove from lenses. If it still can't clean it, try to use a glass cleaner such as Windex to clean the glasses.

Comment

Huhh, it sounds terrible, because I have never heard of such story. To get spots on the glasses seems awful. Perhaps you can come to a glasses store, then find the assistant and ask if he or she can help you. For they have special cleaning water, I know. Usually you can get free service if you are their previous customer.

Comment

Here are some suggestions. Apply the rubbing alcohol to a cotton ball. Rub it over the hairspray on the lenses. This will cut through the hairspray and lift it from the glass. Remove the alcohol/hairspray residue with a fresh cotton ball. Wash and rinse the lenses with a mild soap (preferably liquid hand soap) and warm water to ensure complete removal of the hairspray. Wipe them dry with a clean, lint-free cloth. If hairspray remains, try using a glass cleaner such as Windex. Apply it in the same manner as the alcohol.

Comment

Working...
          X