Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

can i use rubbing alcohol to clean my glasses?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can i use rubbing alcohol to clean my glasses?

can i use rubbing alcohol to clean my glasses? Will it damage the lenses?

If your lenses have a coating, like a UV coating, glare resistant coating, or scratch resistant coating, you should be careful with rubbing alcohol. Personally, I would not use rubbing alcohol to clean lenses. It is quite a harsh solvent that will break down even the tough polycarbonate lenses. But if you get some oil stain on your lenses, it is an effective way to clean them with rubbing alcohol. Just not use it everyday.

Comment

You'd better not. As we know the surface of the glasses have a coating, like Anti-Scratch coating, Anti-radiation coating, UV Coating. Rubbing alcohol is a organic solvent that can break down the substance of the lenses. For me, I wouldn't use rubbing alcohol. If you want to clean the surface, some cleaning mixture and some water can help you.

Comment

Of course you can. But you also need some other household items. It will be a good way to clean glasses at home by yourself. Just follow the steps: Firstly, pour rubbing alcohol into a spray bottle with the amount of three fourths full of the bottle, and then add 2 drops of liquid dish soap; Secondly, shake the bottle gently to make them mix together. Thirdly, spray the mixed reagent on the glasses lenses and rub the lenses slightly with a soft cloth or special cleaning cloth; Finally, Wipe the lenses repeatedly until they are clean enough.

Comment

If the material is glass, it's OK to use alcohol. But nowadays most glasses are made with resin and coated with membrane, which should be kept away from organic solvents, such as alcohol. For this kind of glasses, water is just OK for cleaning. It can not only remove dirt from the lenses, but can also extend their service life.

Comment

Working...
          X