Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are progressive lenses better than bifocal lenses?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are progressive lenses better than bifocal lenses?

I have serve vision problems. I need reading lenses to help me with near vision. But i also need prescription lenses to see far. My daughter suggest me wear bifocal lenses. But my friend recommend me progressive lenses. So, i am here ask for some ideas. Which one is better?

The bifocal lenses help you see the near things through the lower part and the far things from the above part of lenses. However, the progressive eyeglasses will divide a lot of regions for your eyes to look, with the basic principle of bifocal eyeglasses. But its more divided region may help you eyes get adapted comfortable after the change of seeing from the near things into the far things. In my own opinion, I think the progressive eyeglasses are the better choice for you.

Comment

Progressive lens are developed on the basis of the bifocal lens. The upper half of the bifocal lenses is designed to look far place, and the lower half is designed to observe close scene. but because of the difference between the lens radian, form the upper part and the lower part become two distinct parts, result to a clean line exist on the middle of the lense and make the appearance is poorer. What is more, the person who wear this kind of lense need to move up and down, the eyes must adjust the change sharply, then may causing fatigue or dizzy. But progressive lens use the grinding technology to solve the problem, the two focal transit gradually, make the wearer adust the change gradually too and he or she will feel more comfortable. What is more, the obvious dividing line disappear as well. Comparative perspective, I recommend you use progressive lens.

Comment

Nope, in your case, the bifocal lenses are better than the progressive lenses. Because of the bifocal glasses are made with two different lenses power or prescriptions in one lens, the upper part of which features distance vision for myopia, and the lower part features near vision for presbyopia. This kind of glasses is suitable for your situation. However, the progressive glasses have many prescriptions in one single lens, which progress from the top to lowest part.

Comment

Working...
        X